Hello all,

does anyone know of or even use some kind of JSP templating mechanism to
generate static files?

I thought it might be great to use JSPs as templates as one could  generate
stic files as well as use the JSPs for dynamic content in the future as well.
And it has great things as (custom) taglibs, expression language etc.

I was playing around with Velocity and Freemarker but ... well to be honest: I
love JSPs ;o)

What I found so far is http://javatemplates.sourceforge.net and
http://jsptemplate.sourceforge.net but both seem a bit outdated already.
Anyone is using these and maybe is trying to get them running with current
tomcat?

What I am also trying is using regular tomcat + wget to just pull content and
save it into files. But then I still have the whole overhead of the servlet
container which I do not really need with all its session and real world
features ...

TIA for any answers!

Regards

Michael