Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Agreed, I was able to bind the datasource to global JNDI. But while trying to
get it from a remote client, I directly do not get back  "javax.sql.DataSource"
instance, instead I get "javax.naming.Reference" object. Why is this? In case
of weblogic I can directly get a DataSource remotely.

Further, after spending lot of effort, I somehow got the DataSourec in a
contrived way using the following code (Honestly speaking, this is a cheap copy
of org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.remote.DataSourceFactory):

Object obj = context.lookup("jdbc/OracleDS");
javax.naming.Reference ref = (javax.naming.Reference)obj;
BinaryRefAddr proxyAddr = (BinaryRefAddr)ref.get("ProxyData");
byte[] proxyBytes = (byte[])proxyAddr.getContent();
ByteArrayInputStream bi = new ByteArrayInputStream(proxyBytes);
ObjectInputStream ois = new ObjectInputStream(bi);
Object instance = ois.readObject();
if (instance instanceof javax.sql.DataSource){
        // System.out.println("I am happy");
        ds = (javax.sql.DataSource)instance;
}

However, now when I try to execute a JDBC statement as follows, I get an
"java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException":

Connection con = ds.getConnection();
Statement st  = con.createStatement(); // exception is thrown in this line.

Please help.

Regards,
Jitesh Kumar Popat

View the original post :