I have what I hope is a simple problem/question after installation of AXIS on
Jboss 3.2.6 I attempt to run the EchoHeaders.jws and recieve the following:

Fault - Error while compiling:
C:\jboss-3.2.6\server\all\deploy\webapps\axis.war\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
 faultString: Error while compiling:
C:\jboss-3.2.6\server\all\deploy\webapps\axis.war\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        Errors: Error compiling
C:\jboss-3.2.6\server\all\deploy\webapps\axis.war\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:
Line 0, column 0: could not parse error message:  Note: sun.tools.javac.Main
has been deprecated.
C:\jboss-3.2.6\server\all\deploy\webapps\axis.war\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\EchoHeaders.java:59:
 Class javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest not found in import.

This I believe is caused by jaxrpc.jar and saaj.jar not being available . When
I run Happyaxis.jsp it reports:

The core axis libraries are present. 1 optional axis library is missing
Note: On Tomcat 4.x and Java1.4, you may need to put libraries that contain
java.* or javax.* packages into CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
jaxrpc.jar and saaj.jar are two such libraries.

But in Jboss 3.2.6 there is no such directory CATALINA_HOME/common/lib .

So how do I solve this problem, and where do I put jaxrpc.jar and saaj.jar so
that they are available .

Thanks very much,

Alexander Berry, Jr.

View the original post :