Thank You Adrian,

To verify I tried the following:
running JBoss (3.2.7 by now) on my pc with oracle on a remote server and the
following configuration set:

anonymous wrote : datasoure for JMS
  | ..
  | <blocking-timeout-millis>300000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  | ..

anonymous wrote : jboss-service.xml

  | ..
  | "<attribute name=TransactionTimeout>600"
  | ..

after disconnecting my pc from the lan for about one minute I saw the following
message several times:
10:56:07,359 INFO  [JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnected to JMS provider
and everything recovers.
The message comes from MDBs, doesn't it?

If the the database connection is away for longer than the configured
datasource blocking-timeout for JMS, JBoss doesn't come back.

If the fault tolerance of JMS (meaning: server  is running consistently and
stable again after database failover) is dependent on the blocking-timeout of
the datasource JMS uses (blocking-timeout shoult be at least as long as the
database failover can last), it's fine for me.

Stefan

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3865559#3865559

Reply to the post :