I am having a problem with JBoss 3.2.6.

I have MDB's which must call secure stateless session beans to perform a task.
The MDB's use a <run-as> declaration which allows them to run at the proper
security level to make a call to a session bean method.

As an example, the MDB's are tagged with the following XDoclet:

 * @ejb.security-identity run-as = "Administrator"

And the method in question is tagged with:

 * @ejb.permission role-name = "Administrator"

The MDB is able to make it past the security interceptor and make it into the
session bean's method.

However within the method I need to do some slighlty more complex security
checking and I am attempting to use SessionContext.isCallerInRole to determine
the security level of the caller.  Unfortunatley, a call like the following:

sessionContext.isCallerInRole("Administrator");

returns false.

Using <run-as>Administrator</run-as> would seem to imply that the caller would
be in the Administrator role.

Is it correct that isCallerInRole return false?

Is there any other way to get a security role associated with an MDB's
invocation of a bean method?

I searched the forum and saw others report this same issue, but I could not
find any resolution.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3865609#3865609

Reply to the post :