I am using the wscompile from JWSDP1.5 and JBoss 4.0.1 AS

I need to expose a webservice which exposes APIs that return Java collection
types like ArrayList.  However whenever I use the wscompile to generate the
wsdl for the object, it gives me the following error :

error: Collection types are not supported in literal mode - Type:
"java.util.ArrayList"

I was using -f:rpcliteral [and documentliteral too] and both run into the above
failures.

Here are the questions :

1. JAX-RPC documentation [packaged with JWSDP1.5] indicates that the JAX-RPC
supports transparent serialization/deserialization for collection types.
However I did not find a corresponding "feature" on wscompile that will enable
that and given that using literal style gives me the above error.  So which
wscompile feature I need to use?

2. The postings in the forum indicate that wscompile is preferred over
java2wsdl from Axis. The following article
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/
indicates that there are other wsdl styles like rpc/encoded that work with data
graphs etc. However I did not find a corresponding -f: feature on wscompile to
enable rpc/encoded.

3. Did anybody get to compile a wsdl using wscompile and expose a service which
accept and/or return java collection types?

[I find the JBoss Forums more active and more informant than other fora on
similiar subjects hence posting here. I did not find a wscompile specific forum
as well]

Thanks in advance,

Dhaval

Going through the wscompile documentation for the features, I am not clear what
other

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3867501#3867501

Reply to the post :