This lets me think of the following scenario:

If you actually reach the thread limit of 1024, which the error message
"OutOfMemory: unable to create new native thread" indicates, the your threads
consume 1024 * 1024k of memory for the per process stack.

I.e. in addition to the heap of 1024MByte your are using another 1024MByte for
the stacks. So all your real memory is filled by heap and stack of the JBoss
JVM.

Furthermore, the text segments and the other processes also need some space on
the machine, and so the machine will definitely start swapping, slowing down
things a lot.

On the other hand, a StackOverflowError may indicate that the stack is too low.
But I think you should avoid this by other means.

In summary:

1. Try to increase -Xss to the default value (64k?).

2. Monitor the number of threads and try to reduce thread usage.

Cheers, JÃrg

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868049#3868049

Reply to the post :