I'm a relative newbie to JBoss installation, but have been coding J2EE apps for
a while. My dilemma:

I'm porting an web app from Websphere 3.5 to JBoss 4.0.1. I've discovered a
page rendering issue with JBoss that I can't explain, and don't quite know how
to solve. The JSP in question makes heavy use of Java classes that take the
HttpServletResponse as one parameter, get the PrintWriter from it, and output
to that printwriter.

The behavior I'm seeing is that all output to the ServletResponse PrintWriter
gets written to the client first, then the output from the JspWriter. So the
pages are not being displayed correctly. I've examined the .java file created
by the Jasper compiler, and the code appears correct.

So my only conclusion is that these two writers are using different streams.

Can anyone explain this behavior, or perhaps suggest a solution? I would PREFER
not to have to recode, as I'll have to fix a BUNCH of pages, but if that's the
final solution, then so be it. But I'll pursue any suggestions available.

TIA,

Paul Cooper
Software Developer
EMS Performance Improvement Center
Department of Emergency Medicine
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868430#3868430

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3868430