Hi,

Here is what we are trying to do. We are planning to
use active replication (we cannot use the pre-build failover and replication
mechanism of JBoss.)

For examples we have three
replicas : JBoss_A and JBoss_B and JBoss_C (all
running on diff. physical machines.) Each one of them
have the same EJBs deployed on them.

Now we want to run a JNDI Naming Service on another
physical machine (JBoss_JNDI). Our clients will
essentially talk to JBoss_JNDI to get the references
to the EJBs. We assume that any of the JBoss_<A,B,C>
can fail but JBoss_JNDI cannot. And as far as I know
all the EJBs have to register with the JBoss_JNDI when
they come up (first time or after recovery.)

I hope I made this clear enough. Please do let me know
if you think there is a better way to do this in
JBoss.

thanks,
-soumya.
(PS: Please do reply to my id in case you have  more questions [EMAIL
PROTECTED])

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868574#3868574

Reply to the post :