Hello,

I have some basic questions which I did not found on the docu and forum.
(on the forum many questions but no answers)
Which Ports are needed with a particular configuration?

Example 1:
JNDI over HTTP

I configured it and Port 8080 and 4444 (RMIObjectPort) are needed. (it runs
perfectly)
I searched at the forum and one person posted, that only JNDI is able to be
tunneld over HTTP. RMI not.
Is it true?

Example 2:
JNDI over HTTPS

I configured it and there are a couple of ports that are needed.

My basic question:

Is it possible, that all communication between client and server (JNDI + RMI)
is tunneled over 1 port?
I found "http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingJBossBehindAFirewall";,
but this is "just" a summary.

The second question:

Do I have to change the deployment descriptors?
On the JBoss Docu, there is a section about "HTTP-Invoker".
When do I need them. (I found how to use, but not why is it needed)

I searched pages and paged on this forum, but many question about this
configuration-issue are unanswered.

Any answer or link to a document would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Oliver

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3869372#3869372