Thanks a lot for your help.  I got both fail over and load balancing to work on
JBoss 4.0.

The setup  (2 Node HA Cluster) I have tried is very similar to you except that
I have MDBs on both the Nodes. It seems that the MDBs on the Master Node
receive the messages first. And, then slowly when the message rate from the
client is increased, the MDBs on the second Node started receiving the messages.

anonymous wrote :
  | Note that my MDB's are not on the same host as the clustered JMS queue.
(I'm not sure if it would be of any use to use HA-JMS if they were on the same
node).

Why not? The Node (with JMS Queue) has the JBoss server running and available
for processing. Why should not we use it?

If that Node (with JMS Queue) is to die, another instance of Queue will be made
available on the other Node by the HAJNDI and that Queue will start taking the
messages from the client. I verified that it is working.

One thing that still bugs me is:  How does the load balancing work? In the
scenario described above, what (criteria) triggers the messages to be delivered
to the SDBs second Node?

Kiran

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3869412#3869412