Hi
When I try to get an UserTransaction in JBoss using the standard JNDI name
"java:comp/UserTransaction" an exception is thrown (NameNotFoundException or
something like this). Anyway, the needed UserTransaction object can be found at
"/UserTransaction" JNDI name. Is there any way to get the UserTransaction
object in JBoss 4 using the standard J2EE location?
("java:comp/UserTransaction"). In JBoss's manual it says that the deployer
should automatically link the "java:comp/UserTransaction" name to an
"/UserTransaction" :

" When components are deployed in an embedded web server, the deployer will
make a JNDI link from the standard java:comp/UserTransaction ENC name to the
global UserTransaction binding so that the web components can lookup the
UserTranaction  instance under JNDI name as specified by the J2EE."

Even so, I cannot use the standard "java:comp/UserTransaction" string. Do I
miss something?

Thanks in advance,
   Valentin Pascaru - software developer

View the original post :