Don't know if you are still watching this thread - but I wanted to thank you
for your posts - it is rare enough for someone to post an answer to their own
question, much less such a well thought out and well explained answer.

I have been looking at security role mappings in WebLogic and JBoss over the
past day (using WebLogic 9, JBoss 4) and it appears to me that there is a
capability in the weblogic.xml that is missing from jboss-web.xml.  (Of course,
I am pretty new to this, so I could be wrong).

For simplicity, let's assume that we are only using declarative security and
want to deploy an web application into an existing environment.  We want to
have an auth-constraint as:
   <auth-constraint>
     <role-name>MyRoleName</role-name>
   </auth-constraint>

In JBoss, I will have to have MyRoleName show up in my authentication source
(e.g. that specific name will have to be in LDAP or the DBMS that I use for my
loginModule).

However, in WebLogic, I can use:
  <security-role-assignment>
    <role-name>MyRoleName</role-name>
    <principal-name>SomeExistingWLGroup</principal-name>
  </security-role-assignment>

So, it seems that WebLogic is offering some additional capability here - and
that capability seems useful.   But as I mentioned, I might be confused here.

I saw a similar post at:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3868751#3868751, but
there were no replies.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have on this subject.

RB

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3870232#3870232

Reply to the post :