OK, it appears to be not a problem at all. For those who may encounter the same
problem, let me outline the solution to this problem, which doesn't exist in
the first place.

There's only one listing in the JMX console, because obviously there's only one
bean. If browsed with a JNDI broswer, JBoss shows both the local and remote
home interfaces.

The mistake I made was putting too much information in the ejbdoclet tags.
Apart from the security-role-ref tags, there's only this left:
 * @ejb:bean                 name="ejb/directory/Directory"
  |  *                           display-name="Handles all requests for
directory and information services"
  |  *                           type="Stateless"
  |  *                           view-type="both"
This leaves me with the authentication problem that I described in this thread
(http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=61640), but at least
I'm getting somewhere. There's only one problem left to deal with.

Thanks to all who had sleepless nights over this problem. ;)

- Peter

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3870983#3870983

Reply to the post :