I am having a strange problem. Let me describe it shortly.
I am having a simple java class, lets call it MyUtil. This class does a
jndi = new InitialContext( props ) in the constructor and uses this "jndi"
object to look up a remote home of a session bean, and then create a reference
to the remote interface (using the retrieved home with the jndi). The "props"
for the jndi = new InitialContext( props ) is set up in that way that it is
pointing to a remote box situated somewhere else in the local lan. This MyUtil
class has a method that just simply calls a method on the remote referenc
obtained in the constructor. Now, this class (MyUtil) is used by a local
session bean. The odd thing that happens is that when the local session bean
uses the instance of the MyUtil, even though it looks like the MyUtil it did
obtained a remote reference to the session bean on the remote box, the result
of the call it actually is happening on the local box (eventualy the remote
session bean - well the one it should be called on the remote box- generates
some entity beans). When the MyUtil is uses in the exact same way but by a
client app and not a local sessio bean, the remote session bean (on the remote
box) is actually called as expected: on the remote box and not on the local box
(as it happens when accessed from the local session bean). I have to mention
that the session bean that the MyUtil is trying to access on the remote box, it
does exists (deployed) on the local box too, but the jndi context is definately
created for the remote box.
I susspect this has to do with the NamingService and how it does the
NamingService association, but i am not sure why, how and what happens. Could
anyone please help?

[/img]

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3871335#3871335