At our university we did about 2 Years of performance analysis and comparisons
based upon the SPECjAppServer2002 and 2004. The results all quite went in the
same direction: At the moment it seems that the web-layer (Tomcat) is the
bottleneck in all tests. Everything works fine untill you realy hit tomcat with
work. I'll hope that since tomcat is now dealt with by the jboss guys that
these problems will be resolved in the near futurre, since we managed to
optimize JBoss to knock-out a lot of other commercial appservers (they all have
problems with their web-layer) especially regarding stability on realy long
high load tests, but it seems that the bea guys simply have a better
web-container, since this was the only appserver we tested to scale allmost
linear.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872116#3872116

Reply to the post :