Thanks Scott.

On the same topic - the EJB documentation states:

anonymous wrote : org.jboss.ejb.plugins.lock.QueuedPessimisticEJBLock: an
implementation that holds threads awaiting the transactional lock to be freed
in a fair FIFO queue. Non-transactional threads are also put into this wait
queue as well. This class pops the next waiting transaction from the queue and
notifies only those threads waiting associated with that transaction. The
QueuedPessimisticEJBLock is the current default used by the standard
configurations

This is very confusing - can anyone better explain this concept. (transaction
and thread is used interchangeably?)

Reading this, no explanation is given as to how the non-transactional threads
ever become candidates for being notified - given that the class "notifies only
those threads waiting associated with that transaction".

Given that I understand that this queue also handles method locks - I'm
guessing that the ONLY purpose of putting non-transactional threads into this
queue is for the purpose of implementing methodlocks? If so, the penultimate
sentence doesn't make sense in the context of non-transactional threads -
wouldn't this paragraph be better written if it referenced "methods" - as being
the contention point rather than "transactions"

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872373#3872373

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3872373