Thanks for the answer Ben.  In my application, I have certain data that
periodically gets loaded into the database by a different app, a batch load
process.  I would like to clear my cache after this load process, so that a new
database load is forced and the new data would be used, rather than the old
stale cached data.

Also, rather than trying to predict which regions or nodes would likely get
updated, I would rather just clear the entire thing.  This event happens
infrequently enough that I am not concerned with a performance hit of needing
to reload everything, but when this process happens my requirement is to use
the new data right away.

I understand that you will have a future API to clear the cache, but do you
have a recommendation how I could do this right now?  I was thinking about
iterating over every element stored in the cache and calling remove() on it but
this seems terribly inefficient, and seems to me would result in thousands of
jgroup calls.  Also, I am concerned that since other threads may be adding
nodes while the clearing thread is taking place, wouldn't this possibly leave
the cache in an inconsistent state?

I am not sure how to go about this and any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks again,
Daniel

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872665#3872665