Hello,

A month ago I asked the same question and I have spent quite some time digging
out the information needed to understand this also. The two best articles I
found are these

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/xml/jaxrpcpatterns/

and

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebsrv/html/rpc_literal.asp

The main differens between RPC and Document styles are that in RPC style all
objects that you send back and forth are predetermind by a descriptive schema
that lays elsewhere. In Document style, the object structure is included in the
WSDL, so you can describe whatever you want (it must still confirm to a schema,
but a more general).

For both RPC and Document style, you do not have to code any
serializer/deserialiser if you use objects that follows plain old java code and
Bean standards. Everything can be automatically produced with the wscompile
tool delivered with Sun's JWSDP 1.5. In that case you can swap between RPC and
Document very easy and with a minimal amout of changes in the client access
code (I have just done this in our web service since .Net does not support RPC
style). I guess there is more to it with Document style, more strengths you can
use, but my knowledge of that is at a minimum.

The links above describes the differences in more details. Hope this helps.

Best regards

Georg

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872687#3872687