OK, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I need some answers before I
go on wasting my - and my employers - time.

Our applications SBs are secured using an LDAP realm with no
unauthenticatedIdentity allowed. Now I have got an MDB with the run-as
attribute set to a role with sufficient rights which needs to access these SBs
in the context of the onMessage method.

It had been my - probably naive - expectation that setting the run-as attribute
on this MDB would allow me to do so. Yet every time I try to access an SB I get

  | Bad password for username=null

in JBoss' security log.

Now, what I _can_ do is passing a valid username/password combination into the
InitialContext used to access the SB. But this SB in turn needs to access
another secured SB/EB/whatever and so on.  In short: changing the current
codebase to use an explicit login when executed within an MDB is no option.

I am doing something terribly wrong here and thus would be exceedingly grateful
if someone could answer me the following questions:

(1) What's the use of the run-as attribute for an MDB?

(2) What's the generally accepted way of accessing an SB from an MDB?

Many thx for any pointers,

Olaf

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3872703#3872703