(copied from a thread in MQ forum)

Problem:

Looking up the jndi tree of a remote jboss, over http
(http://192.168.20.11:80/invoker/JNDIFactory), works fine from stand-alone java
client.
When doing that from inside a servlet in a local jboss, it returns local jndi
tree of local jboss.
Doing the same without http (with jnp://...) works fine.

Detailed:

In a java client, i lookup context

httpParentJndi.java.naming.factory.initial
org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory
httpParentJndi.java.naming.provider.url
http://192.168.20.11:80/invoker/JNDIFactory
httpParentJndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs
org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces;java.protocol.handler.pkgs

In that context, i look for queue/Q, and post a message.

On machine 20.11, i can see the message arriving (because there's a consumer
there).

When i do exectly the same client code, from inside a servlet inside a jboss on
my client machine, it doesn't work anymore. The queue/Q is looked up in the
local jndi of the jboss the client machine (running the servlet)! This results
in a naming exception. It simply ignores my jndi context parameters (telling to
look for the jndi remotely).

I changed to normal jndi and jms (without http):

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://192.168.20.11:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

By simply changing these settings, it does work inside the war.

This means something is wrong with my HttpNamingContextFactory, when it is
created by a thread owned by a war.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873028#3873028

Reply to the post :