Well, I tried adding a notification listener using the RMIAdaptor, and it
definitely adds the listener to the local JBoss MBeanServer - I got printouts
on the server console, not my local console, with a simple test listener.

This is pretty much what I expected, given that it insisted that the listeners
be serializable.

I can't easily browse the source code in JBoss 4 because the RMIAdaptor is only
an interface - and the implementations seem to be dynamic proxies. I did a scan
of the source for implementations, and couldn't find anything. The only thing I
can do now is to look at the source for RMIConnectorImpl in 3.2.3 and see what
it was doing.

Is there any way we can add this question to the FAQ:

how do I add a notification listener to a remote MBeanServer - so that I
receive notifications on my client?

Thanks,

Adrian.

View the original post :