"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : I'm not sure I see the use case, because a
CacheLoader usually sits on a large persistent store, so unless those
(unshared) stores would be in-sync, I don't see the point of this.
This is exactly the use case I have (I think).  My cache is not used to cache
datastore data, my datastore is used to persist the cache.  It is only for
backup purposes (in case of total cache failure), so it duplicates the
transient cache state (if more than one loader existed, they would be in
synch).  Furthermore, there is no eviction.  This is very close to the use case
described in the TreeCache documentation surrounding cache loader figure 4.2:
anonymous wrote : This is a similar case as the previous one, but here only one
node in the cluster interacts with a backend store via its CacheLoader. All
other nodes perform in-memory replication. A use case for this is HTTP session
replication, where all nodes replicate sessions in-memory, and - in addition -
one node saves the sessions to a persistent backend store.
While I am not doing HTTP session replication, I think the same use case
applies.  I have a single, unshared cache loader in the cluster, so that if I
lose all of the "in memory" cache instances, I still have a backup of the state
that I can use to recreate the "in memory" cache.  The issue arises when the
cache loader node is down (involuntarily) and some changes have occurred to the
still running, memory-only cache instances.  I need to be able to repersist the
cache state to disk (by starting a new cache loader instance) so that I can
continue to have a backup.  Even in the HTTP session replication situation
related above, wouldn't this be a good feature to have?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873828#3873828

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3873828