Hello,

I did also a test with JBoss-4.0.2RC1. The same results. I still get the time
out over https.

But I think I know why do get the time out. The URL below is an example of the
data that is coming back asking for countries of the http connection.
But if I do ask another domain I do get back data over https.
But what is the difference?
I think it has do do something with corrupt characters. If e.g. the word
Slovenià is returned you can see in the example that the value is SloveniÃÂ.
I also tried another domain with a few special characters and that domain also
gives a time out.
It seems that with https the reader gets confused and waits for some ending
which wil not come and after 1 minute he gives up.

We should talk with the people on the other side why they give bad characters.
But on the other hand the stubs of SUN are able to read over https and JBoss is
only able to read over http those bad characters.

http://www.solcon.nl/jborchers/GetDomainInformation.txt

T.I.A. Johan.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874108#3874108