I am not sure if this is related to the order the BindingManager appears in
conf/jboss-service.xml, i.e. after Log4jService. Try to put it first.

Another thing you can try is to use a JVM property, e.g.

./run -Dmy.log4j.config=....

and then

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.logging.Log4jService"
  |       name="jboss.system:type=Log4jService,service=Logging"
  |       xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/Log4jService-xmbean.xml">
  |        <attribute name="ConfigurationURL">${my.log4j.config}</attribute>

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874372#3874372

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3874372