I've had a very frustrating time with JBoss' ClassLoaders, and I just need to
vent!  It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to override libraries in your .wars or .ears
that JBoss happens to use!!  If you want to use a newer version of some
commons-*.jar that JBoss happens to use, then you are out of luck!  You can try
all sorts of things, but nothing works.  All you can do is use whatever version
JBoss uses.  It forces us to create a special .war just for JBoss.  If you
isolate your .ear classloader-wise, then the embedded Tomcat will use the
version of the commons-*.jar in your application!  Why can't it just use the
one that came with JBoss and let me use the one in my .ear?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874556#3874556

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3874556