Scott,
   I am currently using a secure, one-way encryption method to store the
passwords.  That is, once they're stored in the database, there is no way to
determine what they are -- the only choice a user has if they forget it, is to
make a new one.  This helps secure the system internally from someone looking
up a users password through a database tool (TORA, etc...).
  I have a customized DatabaseServerLoginModule which  has a single method:

protected String convertRawPassword(String password)

(thanks for some help from the wiki:
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=CreatingACustomLoginModule).  However,
the password that is passed into that method seems to be the database value,
NOT the raw password which, unfortunately is already encrypted and not
recoverable.  How am I supposed to encrypt the form value and encrypt it THEN
compare it to the database value?  Is that possible?

Thank you,
Mike

p.s. I'm off to look up the java source for the DatabaseLoginModule....

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874958#3874958

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3874958