We are seeing this error now as well on 3.2.2. We have been running without
problems on 3.2.2 for over a year, and now are getting these problems in our
test environment. Both nodes are plugged into same switch, are on same subnet,
and nothing seems to have not changed on them, besides deployment of new apps.

I traced it down to org.jgroups.blocks.GroupRequest, where it is waiting for a
mutex lock:

rsp_mutex.wait(timeout);

It hangs there until the 60sec timeout, for each deployment unit. Starting the
server used to take 1.5 minutes. Now it's over an hour. Here's an interesting
twist - whatever node comes up first seems to come up fine. It's the second
node that has problems. We have a 2 node cluster, and it doesn't matter which
node is brought up first. Results are always the same.

Kind of smells like a deadlock problem, but I can't understand why this is
happening all of a sudden.

Unfortunately, upgrading to 3.2.6 is not an option right now (and shouldn't be
necessary, as we have been running fine for some time). We have 10-15 apps
running on the environment, so upgrades are costly and complicated.

Mike

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3875104#3875104

Reply to the post :