"xgj6688" wrote : But when I call the jsp page from web browser(the jsp page
call the stateless session bean's methods), I was told the bean's remote
interface and home interface can not be resolved. It seems that when compiling
the jsp page to servlet class, the container can not find the bean's remote and
home interface.  what's the problem. I think I only need to provide necessary
xml descriptors to tell the container  my EAR, JAR and WAR information,right?
  | Maybe you could post the top of your stack trace?

Again all from my limited understanding.

I've only ever heard Home and Remote interfaces being talked about in respect
to "EJBs" this means your bean "implements javax.ejb.SessionBean' or another
class in the javax.ejb.* family.

But it looks like you are trying to access them directly from JSP, maybe I've
not gotten onto understanding that yet but the Beans my JSP access are regular
Plain Old Java Classes ("public class myJspBean').  Inside this class I have
code that resolves the JNDI and then executes the EJB Business Method.  Just
like a test client does.

My understanding is that JSP beans are contained within the Servlet container
(tomcat), this is not the same container as the EJB container (JBoss).  JSP
naturally wants to call methods within its own container.

If you can execute EJB business methods directly from inside JSP I would be
interested to understand that myself.

Maybe your problem is due to lack of the supporting classes for EJB ?

I generate Home and Remote interfaces with XDoclet from a base Bean, so around
6 classes are generated from my EJB.  I wrote SiteLookStateBean all the other
classes are generated, both my JAR and WAR have these classes:

   611 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookState.class
  |   3145 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateBean.class
  |    451 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateHome.class
  |    167 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateLocal.class
  |    446 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateLocalHome.class
  |    937 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateSession.class
  |   4774 Mon Apr 25 22:52:50 BST 2005
WEB-INF/classes/uk/co/mydomain/SiteLookStateUtil.class

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3875391#3875391

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3875391