I am running Windows XP
I am using JBoss 4.0.1 SP1
I am using EJB 3.0 Preview 5
I am running the code for the stateful beans that comes with Preview 5
If I deploy when the server is off the code will run
If I re-deploy or hot deploy the code produces errors

This is the order I do things:
1. Install JBoss 4.0.1 SP1
2. Install EJB 3.0 Preview 5
3. Navigate to tutorial for stateful beans
4. Execute command ant
5. Navigate to JBOSS_HOME
6. Execute command run -c all
7. Navigate back to stateful tutorial folder
    -Note- I use two screens so I switch screens
8. Execute command ant run
9. I get this:

  | C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of Maverick-3.0\MaverickWeb>ant run
  | Buildfile: build.xml
  |
  | prepare:
  |
  | compile:
  |
  | ejbjar:
  |
  | run:
  |      [java] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.jboss.remotin
  | g.Client).
  |      [java] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
  |      [java] Buying 1 memory stick
  |      [java] Buying another memory stick
  |      [java] Buying a laptop
  |      [java] Print cart:
  |      [java] 2     Memory stick
  |      [java] 1     Laptop
  |      [java] Checkout
  |      [java] Should throw an object not found exception by invoking on cart
after
  |  @Remove method
  |      [java] Successfully caught no such object exception.

10. Execute command ant clean
11. Execute command ant run
12. I get this:

  | C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of Maverick-3.0\MaverickWeb>ant run
  | Buildfile: build.xml
  |
  | prepare:
  |     [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of
Maverick-3.0\MaverickWeb\bu
  | ild
  |     [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of
Maverick-3.0\MaverickWeb\bu
  | ild\classes
  |
  | compile:
  |     [javac] Compiling 3 source files to C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of
Maverick-3.0
  | \MaverickWeb\build\classes
  |
  | ejbjar:
  |       [jar] Building jar: C:\Projects\Eclipse\Copy of
Maverick-3.0\MaverickWeb\b
  | uild\tutorial.ejb3
  |      [copy] Copying 1 file to
C:\Extracted\JBoss\jboss-4.0.1sp1\server\all\deplo

  | run:
  |      [java] Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
org.j
  | boss.tutorial.stateful.bean.ShoppingCart not bound
  |      [java]     at
org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:491)

  |      [java]     at
org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:499)

  |      [java]     at
org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:505)
  |      [java]     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:278)
  |      [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
  |      [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
  | sorImpl.java:39)
  |      [java]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
  | hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  |      [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.jav
  | a:294)
  |      [java]     at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
  |      [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTranspor
  | t.java:460)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPT
  | ransport.java:701)
  |      [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServe
  | r(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
  |      [java]     at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCa
  | ll.java:223)
  |      [java]     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:126)
  |      [java]     at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
  |      [java]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:54
  | 4)
  |      [java]     at
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:52
  | 0)
  |      [java]     at
javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
  |      [java]     at
org.jboss.tutorial.stateful.client.Client.main(Client.java:29
  | )
  |      [java] Java Result: 1

My question is why is this a problem?

View the original post :