"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : The BLOB issue looks like an inconsistent type
mapping. Unless you can figure it out looking at the table and fields, you'll
have to add trace logging for org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp and see what parameters
of what types and values are set on prepared statements.
  | Second exception shows that optimitic locking is working properly, i.e.
it's an optimistic failure.

Regarding the read strategy.

Here is the field definition of the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml

 <cmp-field>
    <field-name>evaluator</field-name>
    <column-name>EVALUATOR</column-name>

    <jdbc-type>BLOB</jdbc-type>
    <sql-type>BLOB</sql-type>

</cmp-field>

What I do not understand is why the application then works perfectly well when
I leaf the tags for the optimistic locking strategy out?

To enable the tracing I added following category specs to the log4j.xml file

It  does not output anything below the DEBUG priority! (I also changed the
Threshold of the appender to "TRACE" but that did not change anything
So here is what I got. The first line is de end of the JBoss start.

2005-04-26 16:48:03,390 INFO  [org.jboss.system.server.Server] JBoss (MX
MicroKernel) [3.2.6RC2 (build: CVSTag=Branch_3_2 date=200409270100)] Started in
32s:641ms
2005-04-26 16:48:56,343 DEBUG
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCFindByPrimaryKeyQuery.TraderEntity#findByPrimaryKey]
 Executing SQL: SELECT t0_TraderEntity.NAME FROM TRADERENTITY t0_TraderEntity
WHERE t0_TraderEntity.NAME=?
2005-04-26 16:48:56,375 DEBUG
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCLoadRelationCommand.TraderEntity] load
relation SQL: SELECT ID FROM EVALUATOR WHERE (TRADERENTITY_NAME=?)
2005-04-26 16:48:56,796 DEBUG
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCLoadEntityCommand.Evaluator] Executing SQL:
SELECT ID, EVALUATOR FROM EVALUATOR WHERE (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?)
OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?) OR (ID=?)
2005-04-26 16:48:57,609 DEBUG
[org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreEntityCommand.Evaluator] Executing
SQL: UPDATE EVALUATOR SET EVALUATOR=? WHERE ID=? AND EVALUATOR=?
2005-04-26 16:48:57,625 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor]
TransactionRolledbackLocalException in method: public abstract void
javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject.remove() throws
javax.ejb.RemoveException,javax.ejb.EJBException, causedBy:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got BLOB

        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:573)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1891)
        at
oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:1093)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:2047)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1940)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2709)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:589)
        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.CachedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(CachedPreparedStatement.java:63)
        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:335)

Regarding the modified strategy I can assure you that the error occus with only
a single user having a single "Required" transaction running at any given time
So how could the data be modified outside the trasaction if there is no other
transaction?

Can you give me an additional hint on how to investigate this problem more in
depth?
Your ever grateful JBoss user

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3875444#3875444