Ok I don't know how to get around this issue:

1.  Entity beans are in an EAR and deployed correctly

2.  Session beans are in another EAR with a WAR for web requests

3.  EAR isolation is ON b/c we will be having multiple versions of the (session
beans + web app) deployed

4.  Entity beans are not bundled into the EAR/web-app b/c they need to be
global to a few apps deployed on jboss.

How is it possible to have 2 EARs reference the same EJB/Entity/Locals?

Is there a way to use the local interfaces across EARs without
ClassCastExceptions getting thrown? Any workarounds aside from Remote?

What does EAR-ISOLATION do when you have an single EAR and a standalone-JAR in
the deploy folder in terms of the UCL?  Is there a way that the standalone-JAR
could pollute the (isolated)EAR classloader or vice versa?

Is it allowable to put the entity beans in a standalone jar, deploy that jar,
then reference those local/ejbs within the (isolated)EAR/web-app(s)?

What would you do to support this problem on jboss4 ?

Thanks.
Nate Johanson

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3876232#3876232