EAR-ISOLATION=ON
SHARED CLASS REPOSITORY in all the jboss-app.xml descriptors

EJBs deployed in a standalone jar with the above (jboss-app.xml)
EARs deployed with the above (jboss-app.xml)

I do NOT understand how two isolated EARs could share the local interfaces to
the EJBs without blowing either a ClassCastException or ClassNotFoundException

First off, is it legal to do local ejb refs from either isolated EAR?  or do
the ejbs require deployment within the EAR in order to use local interface?

If I bundle the local interfaces from the ejbs.jar inside either EAR then we
get into the classcastexception any time an ejb lookup happens.  If I do not
include the local interfaces into the ear then my *.war in there will not find
it and throws ClassNotFoundException.

Shouldn't the classloader look into the shared class repository if it does not
find the requested class in the current jar/war/ear ? And if your EJBs are
deployed in a standalone JAR, then wouldn't they push refs of the local
interfaces into the shared repository?  Or not?

How can your EAR modules, like a WAR, correctly find the LocalInterface of the
ejb from the repository?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3876320#3876320

Reply to the post :