Hi, all

I have a modular application built on JBoss. I have several ejb jars and ears
deployed in the same single server instance. I'm just developing a new module
containing  a CMP Entity been that needs to make a relation to and existing CMP
entity bean in a different module (ejb jar or ear).

I have been trying to accomplish this for a couple of days now, with zero
success.

My first question regarding this matter is whether this is at all possible: Can
JBoss (using v. 3.2.7.) handle a CMR relationship accross ejb-jars deployed in
the same server instance. I want an unidirectional relationship (don't want to
touch the existing entity bean)

I have managed to set xdoclet tags for @ejb.ejb-external-ref and
@jboss.ejb-local-ref, and the link seems to show up properly in JNDIView
(jmx-console). At the same time I always get a deployment time exception:

  | 17:50:37,506 DEBUG [JDBCStoreManager.DiaryEntry] Initializing CMP plugin
for DiaryEntry
  | 17:50:37,509 ERROR [ejb.EntityContainer] Starting failed
jboss.j2ee:jndiName=ejb/dd/local/DiaryEntry,service=EJB
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Entity: User not found for
relation: diaryentry-employee
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.<init>(JDBCRelationshipRoleMetaData.java:103)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCRelationMetaData.<init>(JDBCRelationMetaData.java:139)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCApplicationMetaData.<init>(JDBCApplicationMetaData.java:175)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.metadata.JDBCXmlFileLoader.load(JDBCXmlFileLoader.java:52)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.loadJDBCEntityMetaData(JDBCStoreManager.java:721)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.initStoreManager(JDBCStoreManager.java:409)

which says to me that the entity in question (User) can't be located by the
container.
If answer to question 1 is affirmative, than it's just me doing something
wrong.

I had no problem accessing the entity in  existing ejb-jar from a session bean
in the new ejb-jar via local interfaces, so it seems using beans accross
ejb-jars is possible, just the relation stuff don't seem to work.

Please somebody explain this stuff to me a little...

Thanks in advance,

Jure

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3876891#3876891