We are having problems with our JBoss 2.4.3 based application which is
resulting in nullpointer exceptions when trying to obtain a database connection
from the pool - after the application has been running for a number of days.

Whilst there seems to be no apparent reason for this happening, there is an
issue which is puzzling me. The worker threads used to service user requests -
named "Thread-4", etc ... seem to have reached very high numbers - for example
"Thread-439" .....  given that the load on the service is relatively low -
typically 1 users per minute, does this implicate a problem with threads that
are not timing it?

My question being, should JBoss be reusing worker threads? Such that a high
thread number implies that there is a definate worker thread deadlock problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andy

View the original post :