Some new tests: First, I modified the first sleep to:

  |         //Util.sleep((long) (Math.random()*5000));
  |         Util.sleep((long) (id*2000));

id is now an integer, rather than a String. So now I have the first thread
starting after 2 seconds, the second after 4 and the third after 6. I also
added this to the end of run():

  |             for (Iterator iter = set.iterator(); iter.hasNext();)
  |             {
  |                 System.out.println("end      "+iter.next()+" by "+id);
  |             }

What I get is:

ended  1 24
end      1_982 by 1
end      1_584 by 1
end      3_415 by 1
end      1_762 by 1
end      1_658 by 1
end      1_395 by 1
end      1_61 by 1
end      3_86 by 1
end      1_415 by 1
end      1_783 by 1
end      3_21 by 1
end      3_938 by 1
end      1_135 by 1
end      1_299 by 1
end      1_924 by 1
end      3_566 by 1
end      1_222 by 1
end      3_251 by 1
end      1_81 by 1
end      3_197 by 1
end      1_239 by 1
end      3_63 by 1
end      1_777 by 1
end      1_324 by 1
ended  2 20
end      2_680 by 2
end      2_895 by 2
end      2_844 by 2
end      2_884 by 2
end      2_119 by 2
end      2_923 by 2
end      2_351 by 2
end      2_863 by 2
end      2_384 by 2
end      2_696 by 2
end      2_481 by 2
end      2_187 by 2
end      2_452 by 2
end      2_935 by 2
end      2_262 by 2
end      2_136 by 2
end      2_322 by 2
end      2_918 by 2
end      2_820 by 2
end      2_416 by 2
ended  3 24
end      1_982 by 3
end      3_415 by 3
end      1_762 by 3
end      1_658 by 3
end      1_395 by 3
end      1_61 by 3
end      3_86 by 3
end      1_783 by 3
end      1_415 by 3
end      3_21 by 3
end      3_10 by 3
end      3_938 by 3
end      1_299 by 3
end      1_135 by 3
end      1_924 by 3
end      1_222 by 3
end      3_566 by 3
end      3_251 by 3
end      1_81 by 3
end      3_197 by 3
end      1_239 by 3
end      3_63 by 3
end      1_777 by 3
end      1_324 by 3

Seems like threads 1 and 3 are on the same cluster, as thread 2 is all
alone.....

I got log4j configured to DEBUG, so I geet a lot of extra stuff. One I'm
finding curious is:

creator of own vid (dcbnw225:1987)is different from creator of message's vid
(dcbnw225:1984); discarding message !

Maybe that's a hint???

Thanks a lot

View the original post :