I just upgraded to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1 because my SAR was unable to load jdom.jar
(issue with manifest in jdom, i found a forum thread on that..).  That problem
was fixed when i moved to 4.0.2, but now I'm also stuck on ehcache with a class
not found error..
my SAR has the jar.. see below..

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/ehcache/Element
        at net.sf.ehcache.Cache.put(Cache.java:317)
        at org.hibernate.cache.EhCache.put(EhCache.java:153)
        at org.hibernate.cache.ReadOnlyCache.put(ReadOnlyCache.java:59)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.TwoPhaseLoad.initializeEntity(TwoPhaseLoad.java:126)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:510)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:419)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:210)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.loadEntity(Loader.java:1311)
        at org.hibernate.loader.entity.EntityLoader.load(EntityLoader.java:116)
        at org.hibernate.loader.entity.EntityLoader.load(EntityLoader.java:101)

my SAR archive lhas the ehcache jar:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] proto]$ jar -tf dist/canopic.sar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/jboss-service.xml
c3p0-0.9.0-pre5.jar