JBos 4.0.2 (installed yesterday), WinXP (yuck, but I have to), Postgres 8 on
SUSE 9

I tried installing the latest jboss-portal, downloaded from sf.net, using the
documentation both in the downloads and online (pretty much the same, I know).
The portal service doesn't appear to be working because Hibernate is not
deploying. Hibernate wasn't included in portal-postgres binary (just downloaded
the source, will try that one, even though that's a heck of a lot of work just
to try the darn thing out) and not mentioned anywhere in the docs as being a
requirement.

Please let me know if I should just stick with the sources or if I'm not
reading the docs right or something. According to the docs, in a standard JBoss
install, doing everything step by step (which I did), I should be testing by
now, but I'm off somewhere in hinterland, trying to figure out yet another
complex technology I don't have time to learn well enough to make work and
support properly.

Any help you can give me here would be greatly appreciated!

Jon Brisbin
NPC International

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3877718#3877718