I am making a small chat application.
Where I m using JMX (MBean), which binds a class to the JNDI and the class's
functions inturn invokes EJBs when called by the Java clients residing on same
or other networks.
I m having JBOSS server running on a Static IP and Java Clients residing on
other netwoks behind a router as nat machines inside LAN.
When the JBOSS server is on the same LAN as the Java Clients everything is
running fine. But when the Server is on the static IP and the client behind
router then the java Clients are able to call the MBean functions via jnp and
get the return values (if any), but the real problem is that the server is not
able to push objects or messages to the Java Clients independently (which it is
able to do in the LAN environment) . I send the Client's Remote object to the
server to keep with itself mapped with username as soon as I get connected to
the server.
I have tried to put the code snippet to run the server

"%JAVA%" %JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=1.2.3.4
-Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%JBOSS_ENDORSED_DIRS% -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%"
org.jboss.Main %*

at Java Client side
Java Client extends anonymous wrote : UnicastRemoteObject
 and after getting the Initial Context LookUps the JNDI name of the MBean and
then fires a login function passing its object as parameter to the function
which Server keeps with it in a variable the function returns well with the
values but when the server fires some values independently to the same client
using its reference its not able to do that, it gives exception that it is not
able to find the client, citing Client's Local IP which it can never find as
that Local IP is not residing in its network but on some other network.
I have tried alot to find some way thrugh it but still unsuccessful, kindly
some help me.

I m using the code below to find the Initial context of the server:

  | prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://1.2.3.4:1099");
  | prop.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.namingrg.jnp.interfaces");

The exception it gives when the server tries to fire a message to the client
via an exposed Client function using Client reference it has stored with itself
 :

18:21:23,796 INFO  [STDOUT] java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to hos
  | t: 192.168.0.145; nested exception is:
  |         java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(T
  | CPEndpoint.java:567)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnec
  | tion(TCPChannel.java:185)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnectio
  | n(TCPChannel.java:171)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.j
  | ava:101)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
JBOSS.RMIClient_Stub.remoteReceive(Unknown So
  | urce)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
JBOSS.DialogImpl.check(DialogImpl.java:47)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(
  | Native Method)
  | 18:21:23,828 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(N
  | ativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  | 18:21:23,843 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invo
  | ke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | 18:21:23,843 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:3
  | 24)
  | 18:21:23,859 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unic
  | astServerRef.java:261)
  | 18:21:23,859 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.j
  | ava:148)
  | 18:21:23,859 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(N
  | ative Method)
  | 18:21:23,875 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Trans
  | port.java:144)
  | 18:21:23,875 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMess
  | ages(TCPTransport.java:460)
  | 18:21:23,890 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$Connection
  | Handler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
  | 18:21:23,890 INFO  [STDOUT]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
  | 18:21:23,890 INFO  [STDOUT] Caused by: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection tim
  | ed out: connect
  | 18:21:23,906 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
  |  Method)
  | 18:21:23,906 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocke
  | tImpl.java:305)
  | 18:21:23,906 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Pla
  | inSocketImpl.java:171)
  | 18:21:23,921 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketI
  | mpl.java:158)
  | 18:21:23,921 INFO  [STDOUT]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
  | 18:21:23,921 INFO  [STDOUT]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
  | 18:21:23,921 INFO  [STDOUT]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309)
  | 18:21:23,937 INFO  [STDOUT]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:124)
  | 18:21:23,937 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactor
  | y.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:22)
  | 18:21:23,937 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactor
  | y.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:128)
  | 18:21:23,953 INFO  [STDOUT]     at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(T
  | CPEndpoint.java:562)
  | 18:21:23,953 INFO  [STDOUT]     ... 16 more

Sorry for the long mail...
My mail id : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thanking You for any help.

View the original post :