Just to add a bit to this, I've created a script for starting multiple JBoss
instances on a single server.  I am still working on it, as I am a beginning
shell scriptor, and for the most part this is a heavily modified version of the
redhat script that comes with the 4.0.2 distribution.  - redhat because I am
currently working on a redhat ES3 server.

I would gladly take suggestions for this script and upload any changes for all
to share.  It's being housed in a Subversion repository at the following link:

https://facets-tech.net/repos/ftools_REPOS/trunk/src/jboss/

The user is "jbossusr" and the password is the same.

I think the hell I've had to go through so far to get the right settings for
relocating and starting multiple JBoss configurations, each in it's own
separate JVM but sharing the same base libraries is a testiment to how
virtual-hosting-hostile JBoss currently is.  That said, I wouldn't have spent
so much of my free time trying to get this right and learning shell scripting
if I didn't like JBoss so much.  Any help with this - and most importantly
right now help with figuring out how to target specific running instances for
shutdown, would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3877834#3877834

Reply to the post :