"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : setEnabled(boolean) can be called because this is
an 'attribute' in terms of JMX, and not an operation.

  | Attributes can be set at deployment time, using:

  |       true

Well in this case I should be able to change the Recording attribute
(Enabled-equivalent I think), as setRecording() exists. But on deployment I am
told that this is a read-only attribute (note : I'm using Jboss 4.0.0)

public boolean isRecording() { return recording; }
  |    public void setRecording(boolean start)
  |    {
  |       if (start == recording) return;
  |       recording = start;
  |
  |       if (start)
  |       {
  |          startMonitorThread();
  |       }
  |    }

Whatever, nothing keeps me from modifying the class, am I right ? In our case,
implementing recording as a read-write Attribute should be enough ?

So I only need to implement getRecording() and setRecording() properly for
JBoss to consider Recording as a read/write attribute and allowing me to set it
upon deployment...
Please tell me if I'm wrong. Does JBoss use only the methods signatures to know
what is and what isn't an attribute ?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3878015#3878015

Reply to the post :