I never created a patch for JBoss before, but I will give it a try.

I also would like the solution to be complete and work when using a web client
going through a servlet.

Here is what I did so far:

1) Create a simple servlet that is deployed under the same JAAS security domain
as my EJBs and using BASIC authentication.

2) With the default bundled tomcat configuration, it seems that the identity is
automatically propagated to the EJBs (thanks to
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve).

3) But I am facing the same problem that I initially have with my EJB client:
if two users are login through the web browser using the same user name and
password, although they will be seen as two separate HTTP session, they will
share the same principal object in the EJB layers.
Contrary to the EJB client case, I cannot have a custom client login module to
create a custom principal. And the web UI is not going to do anything like that
for me either.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to "add" the HTTP session id as part of the
principal to make it unique for each client authentication.

But I am not very clear on how I can do such thing (because of my
misunderstanding of the overall flow between tomcat and JBoss).

Do I need to create my own
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve in order to do that?
Is this valve invoked before the JAAS authentication is done?

Who is actually calling the JAAS authentication mechanism?
JBossSecurityMgrRealm? If yes, I did not see it configured in any of the tomcat
configuration file.

Thomas

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3878210#3878210