Right, after a lot more digging firstly I found a reference to adding
local-jndi-name to the individual xxxx-jboss.xml descriptor files.  This worked
for me, but I notice from postings on the web that it doesn't work for
everyone.  Hmmm, I wonder if they are using a version of JBoss earlier than
4.0.2.

I certainly didn't need this extra tag when running our app under 4.0.1.

I also found this reference

http://www.jboss.org/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=60753

which explained the need for the local-jndi-name tag.  It should have been
needed for 4.0.1, but somehow out app worked without this tag.

For expediancy I will have to add this tag to all our entity bean descriptors.
Now, should I numb my mind and do it manually (there are 40 to 50 of the
buggers) or should I write a Java program to step through each of the
descriptors.

Then again I can always go and get a drink from the 'coffee machine', which
dispenses a warm brown liquid, almost but not quite entirely like tea.

Angus

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3878376#3878376

Reply to the post :