I am trying to use the bridge to create a portlet around an existing
application (JPivot). I have got the portlet WAR set up, and it deploys without
errors.

The init method on my portlet is called. It sets up a ServletContextProvider
like the StrutsPortlet does.

I have no security set up.

On login, the portlet appears on the Page menu with a URL of
http://localhost:8080/portal/auth/index.html?ctrl:id=page.default.JPivotDemo.

When I select it, I get a screen back that just has the nodesk look and feel
without any content. In the log, I have:

[org.jboss.portal.server.impl.invocation.InvocationImpl] Incoming request with
id page.default.JPivotDemo
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.ContentTypeInterceptor] Found
markup=html_web_4_0, ua=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4, devicedID=netscape7_1_nt_us
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.ContentTypeInterceptor] Found mimeType type
text/html for markup=html_web_4_0
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] analyzing layout
strategy....
[org.jboss.portal.server.impl.LayoutServerImpl] get nodesk...
[org.jboss.portal.server.impl.LayoutServerImpl] found nodesk
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] looking for a layout
strategy [default] [JPivotDemo] [nodesk] [text/html]
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] got a layout: trying to
get the strategy from it...
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] no strategy from the
layoutlayout: trying to get named strategy...
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] looking for strategy
with name: default
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] found strategy to use:
org.jboss.portal.core.theme.strategy.impl.DefaultStrategyImpl
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] adding region: center
[org.jboss.portal.core.theme.strategy.StrategyFactory] creating strategy
context for: nodesk default JPivotDemo
[org.jboss.portal.core.theme.strategy.impl.DefaultStrategyImpl] evaluating
strategy for: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] setting layout URI:
/nodesk/index.jsp
[org.jboss.portal.core.invocation.StrategyInterceptor] done analyzing layout
strategy
[org.jboss.portal.core.servlet.CoreServlet] requesting theme: null
[org.jboss.portal.core.servlet.CoreServlet] using layout returned from the
strategy: nodesk uri: /nodesk/index.jsp
[org.jboss.portal.core.servlet.CoreServlet] got layout to use [nodesk] in app
[portal] uri [/nodesk/index.jsp]
[org.jboss.portal.server.theme.LayoutDispatcher] got request dispatcher for
layout resource: true
[org.jboss.portal.server.theme.LayoutDispatcher] done with the layout

The doView method of my portlet is not being called.

Configs:

portlet.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <portlet-app id="JPivot-Demo" version="1.0">
  |    <portlet id="JPivotPortletDemo">
  |       <portlet-name>JPivotPortletDemo</portlet-name>

<portlet-class>com.semanticworks.lumena.portal.JPivotPortlet</portlet-class>
  |       <supports>
  |          <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
  |          <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
  |       </supports>
  |       <init-param>
  |          <name>ServletContextProvider</name>
  |          <value>org.jboss.portal.bridge.JBossServletContextProvider</value>
  |       </init-param>
  |       <portlet-info>
  |          <title>JPivot portlet</title>
  |       </portlet-info>
  |    </portlet>
  | </portlet-app>

jboss-portlet.xml:

  | <portlet-app>
  |    <portlet>
  |       <portlet-name>JPivotPortletDemo</portlet-name>
  |       <config-name>JPivotPortlet</config-name>
  |       <security></security>
  |    </portlet>
  | </portlet-app>

JPivotDemo-pages.xml:

  | <pages>
  |    <portal-name>default</portal-name>
  |    <page>
  |       <page-name>JPivotDemo</page-name>
  |       <window>
  |          <window-name>JPivotDemoPortletWindow</window-name>

<instance-ref>JPivotDemo.JPivotPortlet.JPivotPortletDemoInstance</instance-ref>
  |          <region>center</region>
  |          <height>0</height>
  |       </window>
  |    </page>