Hi,
I have recently upgraded from JBoss 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 and have changed absolutely
none of the code in my war(cocoon). But when using saxon 8 under 4.0.2 the
following happens:

  | <xsl:value-of select="//artists-info" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
  |
  | using 4.0.2 gives an html output of (incorrect):
  |
  | <?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping?>
  |             Identified at some time and stage as a dj in a former life,
Emeson has been synonymous with r'n'b, hip-hop, jazz, funk and pure soul.
  | &lt;br/&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
  | &lt;span='indextext'&gt;Now concentrating on his own material, his musical
style for the future represents a swerve from the well trodden path of the norm,
  | but still capturing the spirit of a byegone era.&lt;/span&gt;
  | &lt;br/&gt;&lt;/br/&gt;
  |
  | &lt;span='indextext'&gt;The self-taught musician is looking to open up a
whole new aspect on things with his alternative soul offerings....&lt;/span&gt;
  |     <?javax.xml.transform.enable-output-escaping?>

while 4.0.0 gives the following html output (correct):

  | Identified at some time and stage as a dj in a former life, Emeson has been
synonymous with r'n'b, hip-hop, jazz, funk and pure soul.
for the future represents a swerve from the well trodden path of the norm,
  | but still capturing the spirit of a byegone era.</span>
new aspect on things with his alternative soul offerings....</span>

I have just copied my cocoon war from 4.0.2 to 4.0.2 and changed NO code at
all!!!

I sent this same question to the guys at Saxon and got back the following
response:

  | The processing instruction is defined as part of the JAXP specification. If
you define the Result of a JAXP transformation as a ContentHandler, the
transformation engine is supposed to tell the ContentHandler about
disable-output-escaping using these processing instructions, and the
ContentHandler is supposed to recognize them. This is because the
ContentHandler is acting as your serializer, so disable-output-escaping will
have no effect unless the ContentHandler knows about it.

  | I'm afraid I've no idea why upgrading JBoss should have caused this change,
since I know nothing about how the transformation is being invoked. You seem to
have switched from a ContentHandler that understands and implements
disable-output-escaping to one that doesn't.

Can anyone shed any light on this??

I am using OS X 10.4.1 (Tiger)

regards

View the original post :