There is no need to narrow on a LocalHome, only with a RemoteHome.  The problem
is probably that JBoss, as of 4.0.2, uses the Tomcat class loader for anything
hosted by Tomcat, including web services and JSPs.  Prior to this, they used
the JBoss Class Loader by default.  You have a few different options with
regards to how to handle this, so here's the wiki page that should help:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

and JIRA issue page:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1691

Personally, I just set Tomcat to use the JBoss class loader, but this is
probably just a stopgap fix.  I think I understand why it was changed, but am
not sure I'm happy with the call-by-value method of dealing with this.  Does
anybody have any other solutions that might work.  I'm currently publicly
exposing a JAX-RPC web service, which in turn calls a stateless session bean.
I need the web service for .NET client integration.  Thanks in advance for any
help that anyone can offer.

Raj

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3879604#3879604