Cheers Scott.  You are of course correct.  My misunderstanding about Form Based
Authentication (RTFM!).

Interestingly once I got past this, the first call to any secured EJB would
generate an insufficient permissions for principal [mikeh] error to occur.  A
second call to the EJB container and everything is fine from that point on.  I
was logging out the Caller Principal in the EJB, and it was correct each time.
Seems to be some JBOSS caching issue of credentials for the caller?

I assume this is a 3.2.6 issue?  A quick scan of the forums reveals an issue
with second calls to EJB's under v 4.0.2.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3880359#3880359

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3880359