"gdaswani" wrote :
  | Coherence supports POJO replication across the cluster

What I referred to is replication at the field level, e.g.

person.age++ would replicate only the "age" field, never the entire object.
JBossCacheAOP does this.

anonymous wrote :
  | to the more elaborate partitioned caches including near cache's which can
then be backed by a distributed cache (somewhat similar to a CPU's L1 and L2
caches).  If you guys had a roadmap on features to implement, I'd say - take a
look at what caching strategies tangosol offers.  Plus cluster wide locking.

We have remote caching on the roadmap (delegating CacheLoader), it is already
partly implemented (but not advertized because it hasn't been tested yet).

What's the use case for cluster-wide locking ?
JGroups itself has a distributed lock manager, but I haven't seen a use case
for it in JBossCache.

anonymous wrote :
  | In regards to the JTA support, and JCA - I believe they are seperated out
onto different JAR files - nevertheless, if the feature isn't needed - there's
no reason to require it as a concrete dependency..

I hear you. I fully agree, too. But you have to understand that we have just
ripped out the JBossCache (CVS) module from JBossAS, and JBossCache 1.2.3 is
the first standalone version. In the versions to come, we will gradually remove
more and more dependencies.
Promise.

anonymous wrote :
  | I just like the product and I hope Jboss-Cache will be further enhanced to
support it's elaborate caching strategies along with support for a distributed
lock manager (coherent distributed cache).

We will get there eventually. Yes, we will take a look at the competition at
some point, to see whether we offer the same functionality and - if not - see
whether it makes sense to implement it.
Hope this helps,

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3880721#3880721