Are you running a firewall?  One that block ports?  For example, I run Sygate
at work and ZoneAlarm at home.  Both are set to ask if ports can be opened.
When Java asks to open a port, I give it termporary permission (this time
only).  If you have afirewall, did you by any chance disallow Java from opening
a port at any time in the past, and make that decision permanent?  If so, you
will have to reconfigure your firewall to ask each time Java want to open a
port.

If the firewall is not the problem, then I have run out of ides because you
have stated that no programs have ports 1098 and 4444 open, yet JBoss says that
they are already in use.  (Possible virus/spyware infection?)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3882126#3882126

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3882126