Anyone have any idea what is happening here??

I have some entity beans that have local and remote interfaces, they are
referenced by a session bean and I have placed the local refs in the deployment
desciptor like so;

<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/FacultyLocalEJB</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.uni.faculty.FacultyHomeLocal</local-home>
com.uni.faculty.FacultyLocal
<ejb-link>FacultyEJB</ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>

<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/StudentLocalEJB</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.uni.student.StudentHomeLocal</local-home>
com.uni.student.StudentLocal
<ejb-link>StudentEJB</ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>

<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/SchoolLocalEJB</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.uni.school.SchoolHomeLocal</local-home>
com.uni.school.SchoolLocal
<ejb-link>SchoolEJB</ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>

<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/AddressLocalEJB</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.uni.address.AddressHomeLocal</local-home>
com.uni.address.AddressLocal
<ejb-link>AddressEJB</ejb-link>
</ejb-local-ref>

But when I try to use them like;

InitialContext jndiContext = new InitialContext();
     Object obj = jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/FacultyLocalEJB");
      FacultyHomeLocal facultyHome = (FacultyHomeLocal)obj;

      obj = jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/StudentLocalEJB");
      StudentHomeLocal studentHome = (StudentHomeLocal)obj;

      obj = jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/SchoolLocalEJB");
      SchoolHomeLocal schoolHome = (SchoolHomeLocal)obj;

      obj = jndiContext.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/AddressLocalEJB");
      AddressHomeLocal addressHome = (AddressHomeLocal)obj;

 I recieve the following exception;
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy364
        at com.uni.dataFiller.DataFillerBean.initialize(DataFillerBean.java:36)

This is because remote interfaces are being returned when Local one should be
instead.  To make things more irritating I only get the exception with some of
the beans that have remote and Local interfaces and not with others and all
works fine if I remove the remote interfaces to my entity beans.

Cheers in advance

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3882494#3882494

Reply to the post :